Sunday, May 09, 2004

Whirlwind

Well, the past week and a half are a blur. I was supposed to leave Abidjan on May 1st and arrive home on the 2nd. But Wednesday the 28th I found out that my grandmother had passed away the night before, so I was on a flight out of Abidjan that night. I stepped off the plane and things have not slowed down for one minute since then. There were several days of visiting with family and friends that were in town with the funeral. And then once all of the company left, I had to start trying to get my life in America set back up.

Crystal and I at AXIS
People are continually saying "Oh, you must have the worst jet lag! How bad is culture shock?" And to tell you the truth, neither has been too bad so far. There have been a few times that the speed of life here has been a little frustrating, but because I had to hit the ground running I haven't had a chance to have jet lag.But I know once things get settled down all of that will change. It still seems unreal that I am here and I'm not really sure what I am thinking yet.

No comments: