Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Tears of Grief

Psalm 6.6,7
I am weary with my moaning; every night I flood my bed with tears; I drench my couch with my weeping. My eye wastes away because of grief; it grows weak because of all my foes.

Psalm 31.2,3,9
Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily!Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me! For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me; Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eye is wasted from grief; my soul and my body also.

Psalm 42
As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.When shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my food day and night,while they say to me continually, "Where is your God?" These things I remember, as I pour out my soul:how I would go with the throng and lead them in procession to the house of Godwith glad shouts and songs of praise, a multitude keeping festival.
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. My soul is cast down within me; therefore I remember youfrom the land of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar. Deep calls to deep at the roar of your waterfalls;all your breakers and your waves have gone over me. By day the LORD commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life. I say to God, my rock: "Why have you forgotten me?Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?" As with a deadly wound in my bones, my adversaries taunt me,while they say to me continually, "Where is your God?"
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.

No comments: