Thursday, September 22, 2005

His STEADFAST LOVE endures forever

I looked it up. . . isn't it intriguing that the first occurance of "steadfast love" is in Genesis 24 where God presents Rebekah to Isaac.



But it occurs so many times. . . like in my favorite verse.

Psalm 63.3
Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.

But, lately it seems like every time I got to church, read, talk with a friend, or do anything that is scripture related--there it is.

As it turns out, it occurs 202 times. That seems like it's a pretty important concept.

And I obviously don't get it!

For starters, He promises to keep His steadfast love to those who keep His commandments. He can take His steadfast love away, just like He did for King Saul; He keeps His steadfast love for those who walk before Him with all their hearts; I can enter His house because of His steadfast love; All His paths are steadfast love; His steadfast love surrounds those who trust in Him; Steadfast love belongs to Him; It is better than life; I should make it known to all generations; It goes before Him; My steadfast love is with Him; It will satisfy me in the morning; It upholds me; As high as the heavens are above the earth, so is His steadfast love towards those who fear Him; It is from everlasting to everlasting; My enemies will be cut off in His steadfast love; He is my steadfast love; It never ceases; He desires it more than sacrifice; HIS STEADFAST LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!

By day the LORD commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.
Psalm 42.8

1 comment:

Jh said...

Amber, What a beautiful blog! That's one of my favorite verses too. I'm always saying it to myself in the car and wherever I go. In my translation it says "loving kindness". Better than life!
I will come back and read more. God bless,
Jenny