Sunday, November 05, 2006

my heart at home

So we're having a big "Tell It" event at church this weekend. All about ways you can Tell your faith. And I was asked to work the booth for missions this morning in case anyone is interested in the Journeyman program. And it was really neat cause I got to meet some missionaries who I never actually got to meet but that I served with in West Africa. It's not very often that I get to talk to people who actually understand where I've been and what I've done. They knew what I'd been through with the war, struggles I must have had with my bosses, and the harsh life you live in West Africa. And it was like immediately among all those hundreds of people, my heart found home.
Of course, more than one person asked me when I plan to go back on the field-and my answer stays the same-When Jesus lets me go. For now, here I am.

No comments: