Wednesday, December 06, 2006

treat it like a temple

I just got home from helping my sister with research for her senior thesis. She's studying quadraplegics and effects of treatments, etc on their bodies during exercise. If you've ever heard of the movie Murderball, these are the guys.

The work was really stressful, keeping up with 12 guys in wheelchairs going all different directions. But overall, it was a blast. There were a few hard moments-seeing some of the guys struggling to keep up during workouts, but their attitudes are so great.

I think most of all I walked away feeling like a total loser. Here these guys are, with serious injuries or disabilities and they work so hard at keeping their bodies fit and find such joy in competing. And here I am, barely making myself get out of bed to run one day a week. I don't respect my body or treat my body in a way that honors what God has blessed me with.

Tonight, I feel intrigued and totally motivated, and praying the Lord will keep this night in my heart for a long time.

No comments: