Monday, March 05, 2007

some more on pride

So, I've been reading this book, "Humility, the Forgotten Virtue" by Wayne Mack. I've learned a lot, and since I've only finished 3 chapter there's still tons to learn. But a couple things have really stuck out.

View each day as an opportunity to forget yourself and serve others. The act of service is innately humbling.

A person who complains about his circumstances does so because he thinks he deserves better.

Pride is a thing which should be unnatural to us, for we have nothing to be proud of.
Spurgeon

1 comment:

jennyhope said...

hey girl something so funny about serving...
i went to help my sis out with her twins and 2 yr old plus morgan...i had been peed on, pooped on, and had my sisters breast milk thrown up on me...if that isnt washing some feet I thought...i dont know what is!! ha ha!