Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Being (mostly) Unemployed

During this time in my life that I like to refer to as being "mostly unemployed" (after all there is the hair salon and the temp job at the Nazi prison camp) I've had a lot of ups and downs.

There've been places I liked, but obviously they didn't like me.
There've been places I didn't want to go and should've listened to my gut.
There've been those who've told me I'm "no one special."
And those who have told me my "resume is amazing."
There've been traffic tickets, ice cream treats with friends, lots of prayer, lots of phone calls, lots of emails with job links, and lots of tears.
There've been times where all I can do is worry. And times where all I do is trust.
Lots of things I don't understand.

And then, the moments that take my breath away.

No comments: