Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Question Now

To find God's will for the rest of your life is to do God's will for the next 15 minutes.
-Adrian Rodgers

and Oswald Chambers said "Trust God, and do the next thing."

These last three months (yep, 3 months today) I've had so much to learn. So much learning to trust the Father when I can't see Him. And soo much prayer. Often asking the Lord what His will is for my life. But it really hasn't been something I can put into words clearly.

But you know how sometimes someone says something and you go "that's it, that's what I've been trying to put into words. That brings it all full circle" Well. . . that happened this week when I heard a sermon.

A few things that really stuck out to me:

God desires for me to follow His will so much that He lives in me to accomplish it.
My whole identity changed when Christ came into my life-my will is now lost in His. I have sacrificed the right to determine what is best for my life. (And with a Father who's so faithful I'm not sure why this thought scares us so much?)
New Testament Believers aren't seen trying to determine God's will after the Holy Spirit arrived. (No burning bush, no voice in the wind.)
He has the power to tell me exactly what to do, but maybe He's using the journey to teach me to trust the Christ in me.
Finding His will is secondary to what I've learned along the way.
When we are united with Him we have His desires and we are free to trust our passions. Trust Christ in me and then do what I know to do.
The Christian life is not trying to figure out what God's will is and then going to do it for Him. The Christian life is about trusting Christ to live for me.

The question now: "God what is your will for human history and how can I align myself w/ your will?"

The goal: to be so much in contact with God that I no longer need to ask His will. . . I am His will (Oswald Chambers)

No comments: