Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Virginia is for Lovers

Time is winding down as I prepare to move out of my apartment. Once Saturday is here I'll be staying with a friend for two or three weeks (time to be determined by a very important phone call on Wednesday). And then, I'll make my 12 hr trip to Newport News, Virginia. I'm excited! But it's all really surreal.
My storage space is rented. And almost everything is packed. I'm eating off of paper plates and definitely not buying any more food.
And more than a little worried about fitting all my clothes in my little hatchback.

My thoughts turn to things I'll miss about Birmingham:
Vulcan, who looks out over Birmingham just a few blocks from my apartment
Always knowing where I'm going because I've basically never lived anywhere else
Jim n' Nicks, the best barbecue around
Watching people try to maneuver the round-about at Patton Creek
Being just two hours from A-U-B-U-R-N and sunsets on The Plains
The Church at Brook Hills, no explanation needed
SoHo in Homewood, the home of Tria Market, Salsarita's, and SoHo Sweets :)
Knowing how to pronounce all the names and teaching new people the proper way (it's not the CLUB, it's THE club)

And obviously, more family and friends than I can mention.

1 comment:

mrs. darling said...

So excited for you as you start this new chapter...and praying so hard for you as you leave home.
Love you!