Thursday, May 21, 2009

a day on the 9th

I really wanted to be able to put into words what my days look like. but it was just impossible. my day starts at 5:00 and I don't get back home till 19:30. almost everything in between is a blur. some days are better than others, some days I actually get 10 minutes to stand still.

everyday I realize more and more how blessed I am to have this opportunity. I get to learn new stuff and see new procedures every day. it should really help me not only getting in to nursing school but once I start clinicals. I see stuff everyday that a lot of nurses never see.

but there are bad times too, our patients are really really sick. on the elevator the other day people were laughing about how many stops it takes to get to the 9th floor. and one of the nurses was telling someone that the 9th floor is the worst place in the hospital. her reasoning was totally false, and I kinda laughed. but it's neat to see how the Lord has placed me in what I think is the best place in the hospital, learning about the type of nursing that I want to do, and there are so many who don't want to ever step foot in a trauma/burn unit.

a couple of things stick out in my time so far:
1. never ever under any circumstances get on a motorcycle. when things go bad there's not a lot that can be done.
2. people in generally good health heal much faster after trauma and leave the hospital much faster.

on my 2nd day I watched someone die, I was standing there helpless with nothing to do but pray. which I know is exactly where the Lord wanted me. I know He can work miracles, and I know I will get to see it happen. but please pray for me as a light in the darkness and peace in the storm!
and also, as I begin applying for nursing school-I would love to stay where I am because of the learning opportunities I have here, but I want to be where He wants me. so I need wisdom!

1 comment:

mrs. darling said...

you are pretty much my hero because of how you are chasing after your nursing dream. really, your life and actions inspire me!

yay! do a list!!!