Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Where Was He?

My pastor is preaching on the attributes of God right now. Yesterday was the attribute of God's Providence. It's a concept I suppose no Christian will ever fully understand--how is He in control of everything, and yet He has given us free will. But it is good to be reminded that He does hold all things together and that He can do whatever pleases Him--after all-He is the creator of the universe. But my pastor said something that really struck me. He said that often people say to him, "Where was God when my father got sick and died, where was God when I lost my job, where was God when I went through this hard time. . . where was God when my son died?". And his response was this-"He was the same place He was when His son died." So the truth is this--no matter what we go through, no matter how lost we feel, or how far away God seems--He is still on His throne! He is still in control! Nothing can thwart His will! And nothing can rip us out of His hands!

No comments: