Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Letting go. . .

It's hard, but the Lord requires it. . .

Letting go of my dreams to get out of this town, out of this country and surrendering to His command to stay. Letting go of my desire for a life companion and learning to embrace Him as my closest friend. Letting go of the idea that anything other than Christ alone can complete me and allowing Him to be my sufficiency. Letting go of my rights and grabbing hold of of suffering to make Christ known. Letting go of who I am, my flesh and seeking righteousness. Letting go of trying to work out my life and allowing Him free reign.

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Phil 3.13,14

No comments: