Wednesday, December 07, 2005

it's all pride. . .

and it's all me! I've been reading this article in The Christian Single. Totally random cause I never pick it up and read it, but the Lord knew exactly what I needed today and just spoke to my heart that I needed it. It's all about pride-and totally descriptive of me. The whole thing.

"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall".
Proverbs 16:18

The word destruction actually means to fracture or break.

MY PRIDE IS BREAKING THIS RELATIONSHIP!

Even last night I was just praying, "Lord, I haven't really experienced you in a huge way in sooo long. Where are you?" and then He reminded me:
"but He gives more grace. Therefore it says, 'God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.' James 4:6
He's opposing me right now-that's why He feels so far way.

No comments: