Friday, March 31, 2006

Me, a Teacher

I start teaching Sunday School this Sunday. A class for Single Women. I'm excited, a little anxious, and overwhelmed that the Lord would allow me to teach. At the same time I'm nervous about always staying a step ahead of what will be going on in class. I've never been the one preparing the lesson before. I know it's a serious responsiblity. Pray for me that it wouldn't be me, but the Lord who speaks through me. That I would stay in His Word, be encouraged no matter who comes or doesn't come, and that we would allow Him to build our class according to His will.

Our first class is on "Living According to God's Truth." I'm just following curriculum, but it's a great place to start.

A word of warning:
"Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgement."
James 3.1

No comments: