Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Only Grace

Amy and I were talking last night. About a lot of different stuff, but mostly about some people from a different religion who have recently been stopping by seeking to convert her. I guess the Lord has seen it best to keep me away from home at these times, considering how upset I get about all of it.
As we were talking last night, I heard myself continually saying, "I just don't understand." But then it hit me, I'm thinking about it all backwards. I should be thinking from the standpoint that it's only God's grace in my life that causes me to understand. Only His "gracious choice," which I'll never understand, allows me to walk with Him.
This Matthew West song keeps coming to mind:

There's only grace
There's only love
There's only mercy and believe me it's enough
Your sins are gone
Without a trace
There's nothing left now
There's only grace

No comments: