Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Still Learning

again, from Humility: the forgotten virtue

We need to understand that we were God's enemies prior to salvation. We did not seek Him or love Him. Even our best deeds were filthy rags in His sight, polluted by sin. How foolish it is for us to become proud of ourselves when, apart from Christ, there is nothing good in us. It would be like a small child bragging about the mess he had just made in his diaper. As disgusting as that is, taking pride in what we are or have done is even more disgusting because, without Christ, we would be an abomination to the Lord.

. . . the only thing we can claim as our own is our sin.

"To this one I will look, to him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at my Word."
Isaiah 66.2

1 comment:

mrs. darling said...

Ahhh, wedding season.
I'm hoping my hair is not too poofy for that haircut. And oh my word, it will look ADORABLE on you!

I can't wait to see pictures!