Sunday, July 27, 2008

living like eternity is at risk

...cause it is!

I am speaking the truth in Christ-I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness ion the Holy Spirit-that I have great sorry and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh.
Romans 9.1-3

I don't know about you, but I don't live this way. Not only do I not live this way, I don't even think this way. Ever. I've never had such great compassion for the nations, for my neighbors, that I'd give up my own eternity for their sake.

If all of this is true...
for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith...Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with god through our Lord Jesus Christ...but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us...Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God...Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!...For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do...
Romans

and this is true...
And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night...
Revelation


and this....
1 billion people have never heard the name of Christ
at least 4.5 billion have never encountered Christ


what are we waiting for? how can I not be willing to jump into the chasm of eternity when so many have never known this great love!

We've found someone worth risking it all!

No comments: