Friday, July 18, 2008

a year ago today...

A year ago today I was getting ready for my sister's wedding. Lots of excitement. Lots to do.

It's funny to look back to that week. I had absolutely no idea that the next week would bring the beginning of what has been the hardest year of my life. But also, one of the best. I've seen the Lord show up in ways only He can. Prove Himself in ways I never could have imagined. Given me opportunities I never would have dared praying for.

He's answering prayers I gave up praying. (healing in my family, an opportunity to write, to live in Virginia-for a short time at least)

Still so much is unsure. But He is sure. His promises never fail. His love never ends.

And He loves me. The chief of sinners. So often unprepared for the attacks of the enemy. Un-trusting. Unyielding in my push for "what I want out of life."

I still need a lot of prayer. A long road still stretches before me. But I know He'll be with me every step. He always has been...

No comments: