Monday, June 16, 2008

a hero's secrets


my Pa, my hero

So, I went out to spend some time with the fam for Father's Day. It was a little crazy inside so I escaped to the porch with my Pa, who just so happens to be my hero.

He likes to talk about birds.


baby birds in a nest he rescued


and their daddy bringing food

I like to ask questions about his life. Today I found out that he was a track star. But got expelled from school after graduation because he cussed out his track coach for not putting him on the list to go to a state meet in Huntsville, AL. Even though he was the best runner on the team.
Instead of going to his graduation he hitchhiked from about 2 hrs away to Birmingham to join the Navy. It was the day before his 18th birthday. Not long after he was on a train to San Francisco.

Hysterical. And not surprising.


me and Elise, who looks so much like me when I was little
scary!


with my granny who I look so much like-scary!

No comments: