Friday, June 06, 2008

MY JOURNEY, definitely worth taking

You have made us for yourself, and our hearts are restless until they find their rest in you.
St. Augustine

This past year has definitely been the hardest of my life.  But in more ways than one, I'm so thankful for it.  Even those moments when I thought I couldn't go on.  I've learned more than I could begin to share with the world.  And constantly prayed that none of it would be in vain. That the Lord would use it in the lives of other people as I share my story and comfort those going through similar experiences.  

As I look back over the last year- the people I've met, had time to spend with, places I've been, time I've been able to spend studying and learning- I wouldn't trade it for anything.  

Everyday I realize more than ever, that my life is not about ME.  How incredibly selfish I am to think that in any way this has been about me figuring out what I want to do.  Who I'm intended to be.  To find the PERFECT JOB for ME.  

I find myself praying, telling the Lord how much I want to do for Him.  And begging Him to let me do it.  Really, how much I want to do?  FOR HIM?  He reminds me that if He were hungry, He wouldn't tell me!

Jesus said that if we seek to find ourselves we will lose ourselves.  If, in other words, we make self-discovery the first order of business in our lives, self-discovery will turn out to be the thing that does not happen.  Jesus goes on to say, "But whoever loses his life for me will find it."  There is a strange irony here-but it makes sense in a world where everything comes from God and exists for God.  If I make God's glory and honor "everything," then everything else, including figuring myself out will fall in line.  But if I make my glory and honor everything, I will be looking at things through the wrong end of the telescope.  Reality will be distorted and far away.  I will miss my true purpose.
A Journey Worth Taking, Charles Drew

1 comment:

mrs. darling said...

LOVE the new look!! Praying for you and loving you.