Monday, June 30, 2008

monuments built on the brink

I've got too many to count. And I'm sure you do too.

Times when all hope was lost. When you felt like you couldn't take one more step, breathe one more breath, wake up for one more day. You were on the brink.

But then, the Lord showed up. Most likely in a very unexpected way.
A new friend, who really did understand.
An unexpected refund from your car insurance when you weren't sure how you would put food on the table tomorrow.
A moment of perfect peace, in the middle of a raging storm.
A new treatment, for an old disease.

A stream in your figurative desert. . .
A monument built.

And your situation may not have changed permanently. But your perspective on that situation sure did.


I'd love to hear about one of your moments. A time when the Father showed up. And about your monument of remembrance. . .

1 comment:

mrs. darling said...

Too many to count. The past five years of my life are marked with countless monuments, countless moments in time when He came and saved me. Countless moments I stopped, built an alter of thanksgiving to Him for being exactly who He says He is. Alters built to remind me of how small I am, how great He is.