Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kyrie

Lord Have Mercy

Jesus I've forgotten
The words that You have spoken
Promises that burned within my heart
Have now grown dim
With a doubting heart I follow
The paths of earthly wisdom
Forgive me for my unbelief
Renew the fire again

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, Lord have mercy on me

I have built an altar
Where I've worshipped things of man
I have taken journeys
That have drawn me far from You
Now I am returning
To Your mercies ever flowing
Pardon my transgression
Help me love you again

I have longed to know You
And all Your tender mercies
Like a river of forgiveness
Ever flowing without end
So I bow my heart before You
In the goodness of Your presence
Your grace forever shining
Like a beacon in the night

God, be merciful to me, a sinner!
Luke 18.13

2 comments:

mrs. darling said...

thank you so much, i needed to hear these words this morning.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.