Friday, March 18, 2005

Seasons

Today I met somebody that I think if things were a little different we could have been friends. It happens to me all the time. I meet someone in line somewhere, I meet them at a wedding, at a friends house, in a store. It happens all the time. You meet somebody and you really click. But you know that you will never see them again. You know that if you never had to walk away from them you could just keep talking, but that can't happen. They leave your life just as quickly and unexpectedly as they entered it. But they have left a mark on your heart. . . you love them as if you had known them forever. In those few moments, they have brought you closer to Jesus, closer to knowing Him, loving His Word, and seeking His will. But you wonder, if they can have such a profound impact in just a moment of time, why doesn't the Lord allow them to stay longer? And the answer is, it's just His plan. He tells us His ways and His thoughts are high above ours. Many times I have wanted to chase after the person, beg them not to leave my life. But I trust Him! I trust Him that that moment was a glimpse of His glory and that He will continue to bless me with moments just like those. For all of you have have been a part of my life for only a season, whether it was moments or years, Thank You! Thank you for drawing me closer to the heart of the Father. May He bless you in return.

To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3.1

2 comments:

Stella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stella said...

I stumbled upon your blog today by way of Kari Masson's and have been reading your blogs from right after your return from Africa. So far in my readings we have a lot in common. I write this not to sound like some blogger stalker, but to let you know that God is using you to tell me I'm not the only one out there that feels the way I do. I've found that those people God sends into our lives for a short time taught/showed/told us all that they were suppose to in that short time. When I have chased those people down to spend more time I've just been disappointed, and then got to hear God say, "Now you know why I only wanted you to have a conversation with them."

~Stella