Sunday, February 03, 2008

a door of hope

Living Water swallow me
Deepest river wash me clean
Jesus, Savior more of thee
Jesus, more of thee
Come and ruin me with Your love
So no other is enough
Come and leave Your mark on me
Jesus, more of thee
Jesus, more of thee
Watermark

"Go, take to yourself a wife of whoredom and have children of whoredom, for the land commits great whoredom by foresaking the Lord."

And I will punish her for the feast days of the Baals
when she burned offerings to them
and adorned herself with her ring and jewelry,
and went after her lovers
and forgot me, declares the Lord.

Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
and bring her into the wilderness,
and speak tenderly to her.
And there I will give her vineyards
and make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.

And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the Lord.

Go again, love a woman who is loved by another man and is an adulteress, even as the Lord loves the children of Israel, though they turn to other gods. . . So I bought her. . .
Hosea

Amazing. Amazing that Jesus loves me, enough to pay the price He paid, and yet day after day I turn to other gods.

"It's true that life is far more sweet,"
Hosea thought, "when it is lost,
Then bought again at dreadful cost;
And love grows strong when it must wait,
And deep when it is almost hate."
John Piper

And God says to Hosea, "Get her back, whatever it costs, get her back."
John Piper

No comments: