Sunday, April 17, 2005

Choices

So, only a week ago I was totally stressed because I had no job and no prospects. And now I'm totally stressed because I still don't have a job, but the Lord has given me so many options. I've had several interviews and have more setup. Some of them are just for the sake of interviewing and continuing to search for a job, but there are two options that are both things that I would LOVE to do, maybe even for the rest of my life. But it's scary-what if I make the wrong decision. I don't want to be like Lot and make a decision based on what the land looks like-how prosperous and beautiful it is, but instead on where the Lord wants me and what He wants me doing.

Genesis 13.8-13
Then Abram said to Lot, "Let there be no strife between you and me, and between your herdsmen and my herdsmen, for we are kinsmen. Is not the whole land before you? Separate yourself from me. If you take the left hand, then I will go to the right, or if you take the right hand, then I will go to the left." And Lot lifted up his eyes and saw that the Jordan Valley was well watered everywhere like the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, in the direction of Zoar. (This was before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.) So Lot chose for himself all the Jordan Valley, and Lot journeyed east. Thus they separated from each other. Abram settled in the land of Canaan, while Lot settled among the cities of the valley and moved his tent as far as Sodom. Now the men of Sodom were wicked, great sinners against the LORD.

No comments: