Wednesday, April 06, 2005

MY RIGHTS

. . . are IRRELEVANT

if we are faithless, he remains faithful-- for he cannot deny himself. 1 Tim 2.13

I said something I shouldn't have said at work today. I called my friend a butthole. Granted, he is like a brother to me and we were joking around, but I shouldnt' have said it--it didn't reflect Christ to the people I work with. And my "boss" got really upset. She made me apologize, which I did while laughing because it was such a joke she would even think I was serious. And then I got upset. If I could only tattle on her--tell you all the things she does everyday that don't reflect Christ. But that's not important. What is important is that she called me down.

So Pharaoh called Abram and said, "What is this you have done to me? Why did you not tell me that she was your wife? Why did you say, 'She is my sister,' so that I took her for my wife? Now then, here is your wife; take her, and go." And Pharaoh gave men orders concerning him, and they sent him away with his wife and all that he had.
Gen 12.18-20

God used her to humble me.

Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, for all his works are right and his ways are just; and those who walk in pride he is able to humble.
Daniel 4.37

He used someone who does not serve Him to humble me. Because that is what I needed. Honestly, at first I was so angry. Angry that someone who lives their life so contrary to what is morally right would correct me, me someone who "loves the Lord and desires to serve Him". But then He rose above a whisper--"When you are faithless, I am faithful--I cannot deny myself". And I was faithless today. Not only did I say something I shouldn't have said, I judged someone and assumed they were wrong because they don't love the Lord--and I DO.

"There is beauty in the breakdown"

Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes! Then I shall not be put to shame, having my eyes fixed on all your commandments. How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law. Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart. Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word. You are good and do good; teach me your statutes. The insolent smear me with lies, but with my whole heart I keep your precepts; their heart is unfeeling like fat, but I delight in your law. It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes. The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces. If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have given me life.
Psalm 119.5,6,9-11,18,34,54,67-72,92,93

No comments: