Saturday, April 09, 2005

UNEMPLOYMENT

the involuntary kind.

Hosea 6.1-3
"Come, let us return to the LORD; for he has torn us, that he may heal us; he has struck us down, and he will bind us up. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will raise us up, that we may live before him. Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD; his going out is sure as the dawn;he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth."

So, not that I like loved my job or anything. But it was a job. Atleast until 3:00 pm yesterday.

My boss called me in to let me know that they had decided to make some changes in the company-and that change was me. Apparently sales are down and the company is losing money and they had to get rid of one full time person. Since I am the last person they hired, that person had to be me. And it was immediate.

Now, of course, I am wondering what is next. I know the Lord has not deserted me, but I sure would like to know what in the world He is going to do with me next.

Psalm 121
My Help Comes from the LORD
A Song of Ascents.

I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.

No comments: