Monday, April 11, 2005

Leaving Egypt

and on to the Promised Land!

Exodus 6.6-9
Say therefore to the people of Israel, 'I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from slavery to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great acts of judgment. I will take you to be my people, and I will be your God, and you shall know that I am the LORD your God, who has brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. I will bring you into the land that I swore to give to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. I will give it to you for a possession. I am the LORD.'"

But it won't be easy--

Exodus 13.17
When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them by way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near. For God said, "Lest the people change their minds when they see war and return to Egypt."

I'm thankful that He'll be with me.

Exodus 33.15,16
And he said to him, "If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here. For how shall it be known that I have found favor in your sight, I and your people? Is it not in your going with us, so that we are distinct, I and your people, from every other people on the face of the earth?"

And that He'll destroy the land in His justice.

Ezekiel 32.15
When I make the land of Egypt desolate, and when the land is desolate of all that fills it,when I strike down all who dwell in it, then they will know that I am the LORD.

I pray I'll never go back.

Isaiah 31.1
Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help and rely on horses,who trust in chariots because they are many and in horsemen because they are very strong, but do not look to the Holy One of Israel or consult the LORD!

No comments: