Thursday, January 15, 2009

catching up

I started school last week. So far so good. Although I think my online Psychology class is going to be much harder than I anticipated. Apparently they think that if you are not in the classroom they have to give you enough busy work to simulate the time you aren't spending in the classroom.

Anatomy and Physiology I is going well. I had lab Tuesday night and called my sister afterwords with a realization. I'm not really sure how I can remember that cardiac muscle is distinguishable by the intercolated discs. And somehow have no idea when my step dad's birthday is.

It's colder here right now than it has been in six years, they say. Six years ago when it was this cold I was in Africa, where 80 degrees is cold. So, its fair to say I haven't been this cold in a long time. But I'm learning to dress for the weather. This morning driving down the road a few things came to mind. 1. If you are so desperate for a cigarette that you are driving down the road in this weather with your window down, you might have a problem. 2. There are a lot of homeless men and women living on the streets of Birmingham. And there are shelters, but probably not enough for everyone. I pray they find a place to stay safe and warm, and that the Lord will use me in some way.

I started running again. Trying at least. I have a fallen arch in my right foot that is really bothering-anybody know anything that'll make this feel better?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so glad school has been going well. I have been thinking of you and hpping that you were enjoying it. Yes... online... they think all you do is sit at home on your computer. When I did online MBA it was harder than any class at Auburn b/c I had to make myself sit in front of the computer and do the countless reading projects. You will do great once you get in the swing of things. I love the thought about smoking when it is 11degrees outside... I totally agree. Well, hope you have a great weekend and talk soon- Love ya- Miss