Saturday, January 10, 2009

you make me crazy

If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.
Herman Hesse (1877-1962)

This was the Google quote of the day yesterday. I'm not actually sure who this guy is, please forgive me if he's some famous dude I'm supposed to know. Anyways, I find this so intriguing because I find this to be true in my life, and I notice it over and over. Normally if there's something that drives me up a wall about someone, that very thing is a huge struggle for me.

Take your insecurities. I notice them easily. And they grate on my nerves like nails on a chalkboard. Which is ridiculous. Have I ever spent a day with myself? I'm like the most insecure person I'll ever meet...I just deal with my insecurities different than you do. And my subconscious (aka my PRIDE) has decided that the proper way to deal with them is my way. Which by default makes your way the wrong way. Which means it drives me crazy...

Not you of course, just your insecurities. I ADORE YOU, naturally.

Brutal. Honesty. people

1 Timothy 1.15-17

No comments: