Saturday, January 24, 2009

in my heart I'm still a dancer...

and a hundred other things

Part 1

1. I do not like weddings.
2. I don't believe that just because you get invited to a wedding you have to go. Or give a gift.
3. I don't like the smell of Krispy Kreme. Shocking, I know...
4. Reading is not relaxing to me. Therefore, I don't read fiction books.
5. If I need to relax I read a magazine, or watch a girlie movie.
6. I take a bath ALMOST every night of my life. And ALMOST always use lavender bubble bath.
7. I dream of owning my own business one day.
8. I take life very seriously...to whom much is given, much is required.
9. This causes problems with my stress level...which has a lot of physical side effects.
10. My favorite pictures of myself are the ones where I don't have a double chin. It's not there in real life, but always seems to appear for pictures.
11. I hope to run a half-marathon one day. Maybe even a full.
12. I would wake up tomorrow and move to NYC, London, Paris, or Prague...
13. I'll be 33 when I finish nursing school, if all goes well.
14. I'm thinking of pursuing a Master's in Public Health once its all said and done.
15. But one day I also want to go to school to be a makeup artist.
16. I've thought of getting Lasik to fix my eyes, but glasses are such a part of my personality I don't know how I'd replace them.
17. I prefer black and white and not posed (what's the word for this) over color and posed.
18. Sometimes I completely lose words that are used everyday. See above.
19. I don't make my bed. Ever. I don't believe in it. Call it a character flaw.
20. I wish my hair were darker. If I go somewhere new they don't believe that someone would want to go darker when "everyone wants to be blond."
21. I just started drinking coffee a year and a half ago. I remember the day I drank it and thought, "wow, this isn't as bad as I remember it being."
22. I made myself get in the habit of only eating out once a week. Now sometimes I don't eat out for weeks at a time, I prefer the food I cook at home.
23. My movies are organized by who starred in them. It's weird, but I know where to go when I want some Sandra Bullock.
24. I'm not sure that even if the opportunity presents itself, I want to have my own children. By "have" what I really mean is "birth". I want to adopt at least 3.
25. I'm not a cat person, but I have one. She's African. And she is stinkin' adorable.

2 comments:

mrs. darling said...

I am completely like you concerning numbers 1,2,3,10,12,17,18 and 22. Crazy, right? On the other hand, I have never went a day since I was 8 years old without making my bed. i'm practically OCD about it. You would be stinking awesome as a makeup artist! And number 8 challenges me to be a better, more responsible person. Thank you for that.

Peggy said...

the word you're looking for is candid, i believe.