Sunday, April 18, 2004

Feeling Relieved

Last night I had a chance to sit down with the youth leaders from Marcory and discuss the study that I wrote.

Taofik, Georgette, Simeon, and Anicet
I started by telling them my testimony because I really felt strongly that they should know that I am not just some white girl from America who is coming to tell them how to live, but that these are the things the Father has taught me. They were very interested and had so many questions. One of the things that I felt was very important was the idea of an accountability partner. But that idea is something that is not part of their culture so we spent a lot of time talking about what that means. I think they are very excited and really think this is going to make a difference in the lives of the youth here. They are already talking about how they can continue this type of study once the 10 weeks are over. I am of course sad that I won't be here to see it get started, but I have the assurance that He will accomplish His purpose.I feel like a huge weight is off my shoulders now that I have officially put this in the hands of the Ivoirians. Praise Him for allowing me that blessing before I leave!

No comments: