Monday, April 12, 2004

The Last Days

Well, now that I am down to 19 days, seems kinda funny, but I've decided to start writing down my thoughts. So much is going through my mind. Will I recognize my friends and family, some of you have made some big changes? Will I even remember how to get to my house? Will I still like all the foods I have been missing all this time? What kind of deodorant do I use in America (I didn't say all these thoughts were important)? Will I ever feel like an American again? How long will it be before I don't wake up every morning wishing I were in Africa? Where will I work next? Will I ever make it to DC? Is it possible for anyone to ever understand where I have been? Will I ever forget all that I have learned these past 2 years (I hope not)? I hope that by writing down my thoughts over the next few weeks and months, I can help myself and all of you understand what has, is, and will happen to me. Hopefully I can process and really begin to prepare for the change-right now I am definitely in some sort of denial. But leaving Abidjan behind is inevitable. It's just too hard to comprehend right now.

No comments: