Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Another door closed

It's late. . .
I know.

But I'm just now getting around to putting 2007 into words. And I think I'm late because it's not easy.

The first 6 months were not easy, but I made it through them-wedding events sprinkled in there brought several joyful moments.

The last 6 months, I had no idea what I was in for. A valley like I've never walked through before. Of course there were highs, no mountaintops, but moments-moments where I realized who my Father is, who I am, what all of this is about. And then things would crash again-wondering if He's really there, does he really care, will he ever rescue me.

But I'll stay in this valley, as long as He wants. And I'll keep praying. Keep praising. Keep remembering His faithfulness so far.
I remember some song lyrics:
Down in the valley, dying of thirst
Down in the valley, it seems that I'm at my worst
My consolation is that you baptize this earth
When I'm down in the valley, valleys fill first

2007 was hard. And I have no idea what 2008 has in store. But I'm looking forward to Jesus. Jesus in my life in a way He couldn't have been without these past few months. And I'm waiting, expecting the sun to break through the clouds. Just like it does on those cold winter days.

YEAR'S END-from Valley of Vision

O LOVE BEYOND COMPARE,

Thou are good when thou givest,
when thou takest away,
when the sun shines up on me,
when night gathers over me.

Thou hast loved me before the foundation of the world,
and in love didst redeem my soul;

Thou dost love me still,
in spite of my hard heart, ingratitude, distrust.

Thy goodness has been with me during another year,
leading me through a twisting wilderness,
in retreat helping me to advance,
when beaten back making sure headway.

They goodness will be with me in the year ahead;
I hoist sail and draw up anchor,
With thee as the blessed Pilot of my future as of my past.

I bless thee that thou hast veiled my eyes to the waters ahead.

If thou hast appointed storms of tribulation,
thou wilt be with me in them;
If I have to pass through tempests of persecution and temptation,
I shall not drown;
If I am to die,
I shall see they face sooner;
If a painful end is to be my lot, grant me grace that my faith fail not;
If I am to be cast aside from the service I love,
I can make no stipulation;
Only glorify thyself in me whether in comfort or trial,
as a chosen vessel meet always
for thy use.

No comments: