Monday, January 21, 2008

His Perfect Patience

I'm thankful. Thankful that His mercies are new every morning. Thankful each night as I lay my head down that I get to start again.
Next time my head leaves this pillow I'll do better. Love Him more. Show His grace and mercy to those in need.
But I usually don't. I end up flat on my face again. Tripping over my own sins as I run to Him. Run back to Him.
How can one day go so wrong? How can a heart set on the Father get so far? And in just a few hours?
And , He takes me back every time. Because He is the grace and mercy I try to give. The Love I so feebly attempt to live my life for.

The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.
1 Timothy 1.15,16

2 comments:

mrs. darling said...

Your life reflects Him and His love so very much more than you realize. So much more. Praying for you and loving you!

jennyhope said...

oh do i know what you mean!!