Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Waiting Game in Sweet Virginia

Some things I've noticed or learned since I've been here in "Sweet Virginia"

1. Hurricane Evacuation Routes
2. Norfolk and Suffolk, two nearby cities, are pronounced Norf*** and Suff***
Bizarre.
3. To get anywhere in this area you take I-64, I-264, I-464, or I-664.
Confused yet?
The other day I took I-64 to exit 264 onto I-664. Really?
I can say from personal experience that asking how to get to 64 (not 264) can get your really lost!
4. Speed limits on these interstates: 55
5. Fine for speeding 20 mph over the limit: $1000
(BTW-20 mph over here is just about the flow of traffic in B'ham, so I'm getting used to driving much slower)
6. So many bridges that it's easy to end up on the wrong one.
I still don't know how you figure out you are on the wrong one when they are ALL SURROUNDED BY WATER!
7. Also, lots of tunnels under the water-where you lose the radio but keep cell service?
8. Apparently they have to name their malls after famous people-Patrick Henry, MacArthur Center anyone?

Anyways. . .

Today I woke up feeling. . . depressed.

All this waiting.

I have two really good prospects.
One I'm way more interested in-actually it's at the organization I've wanted to work for since I got home from Africa.
The other, at an organization that the Lord just opened up an opportunity with.

But there's still so much waiting.
For someone to call.
Anyone really.

I need something to fill my days with.
I've been spending a lot of time in the gym.
But there's only so many hours a week you can treat your body like that
before it starts screaming in rebellion.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey I like your new header! I am working on one I did in Illustrator...I will send you the link when I have it like I like it!