Sunday, January 06, 2008

You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello

So, this post is loooong overdue. But I just haven't been motivated to get on here and try to put whats been going on down on paper. Today I'm making myself so time doesn't get too far gone.

The trip here was thankfully very uneventful. Other than the guy in North Carolina that almost killed us because I wasn't going fast enough for him in the fast lane. It didn't seem to bother him that there was no other lane for me to move into at that point. He just kept flashing those lights (which by the way, we don't do in Alabama-culture shock before I even got here) and tailgating-which I totally can't stand.
Either way, uneventful or not, 12 hours of driving is a LONG way. Every time we would cross a state line I would shot for joy-surprised I didn't bruise my mom hitting her out of excitement :)

Christmas in Virginia was great. Christmas day was really quiet, but the rest of the week we got out and did a little sightseeing.


my mom at the site of their house in Norfolk when she was born


the Navy Base where my mom was born


on our drive back-apparently we were on the wrong bridge
I don't know how you know when there's water everywhere!!



the fam on Christmas day


Crys and I


Mum and I at Yorktown Battlefield


Crys at Aroma's-making our own S'mores
it got a little messy!



Crystal, Mum and I at Yorktown Beach


at THE GRATE STEAK-grilling our own steaks over the charcoal!


the finished product-yum. . .

Since my mom left its been pretty quiet. Although I did take a trip over the water and managed to see way more of the area on the way home than I planned to. . .

No comments: